Safe Massage Process Overview
The health and safety of all of our clients and massage therapists are critically important to the mission of Dubuque Massage Therapy LLC. Therefore, we developed a Safe Massage Process, to mitigate the effects of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), Influenza, and other future communicable diseases. When you come into the office you can expect to:
- Have your temperature taken.
- If you have a temp of 100 or higher you will be sent home.
- You may use your own thermometer while at the office and must physically show the temperature to the massage therapist.
- See our massage therapist, Becky, wearing a mask for the duration of your session.
- Wear a mask or bandana
- Masks are recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- You can bring your own or we will provide them as you enter the office if needed.
Until further notice, we will no longer be shaking hands with or hugging any clients. The massage therapist may choose not to massage areas of the body (for example face, head, or other). As an extra precaution, we are encouraging clients to shower both before and after their massage sessions.
For questions or concerns, you have please ask us before, during, or after your massage. The plan is to see how this all works and make any needed improvements as we learn what is the best way to make this a safe process for everyone involved.
Before your appointment, we ask that you evaluate your own health as a precaution to protect us (and our families) as well as other clients. The massage therapist has the right to end your session if you show any symptoms. For all future appointments, if you answer yes to any of the following questions please reschedule your appointment with as much notice as possible. The cancellation fee will be waived:
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 28 days?
- Have you been hospitalized or experienced symptoms for COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- However, if you have a negative COVID-19 (nasal test) result and no symptoms since testing positive you can schedule a massage.
- Have you been in contact with anyone who has or had COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- In the last 48 hours have you experienced any COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms:
Fever (at or over 100 degrees) or chills
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Muscle or body aches
New loss of taste or smell
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting
As of May 11, 2020, all clients will need to sign our Safe Massage Process Release Form. For clients who have an email entered in MassageBook, they will have an option to update their client intake electronically. All other clients will need to sign a printed copy before their massage.
Massage Therapist Self-Check
Each morning before coming into the office the massage therapist will take their temperature. This temperature will be posted so all clients can see it at the office. Additionally, the massage therapist will be asking themselves the same questions we ask of clients above (“client self-check” section). If they need to cancel for the day or for an extended period, they will work with clients to reschedule the massage.
Maintaining a clean massage environment is an important way to promote client health. Please review our cleaning procedures to learn more about what we do. While some items have been improved much of what we do has always been part of our routine.