Licensed Massage Therapist Position
We are currently hiring a licensed massage therapist (as of 11/23/2020)
Dubuque Massage Therapy LLC is an important part of the Dubuque, Iowa community. Our therapists utilize massage therapy to help people have a better life and lower stress levels. We are committed to our clients and making sure they can achieve results with the services we offer. Our ideal employee believes in the healing benefits of massage therapy. The right person has a passion for using massage to improve people’s lives. We are looking for a licensed massage therapist to hire immediately.
Why Work with Us?
- You have an already built client base ready for a new massage therapist. Since re-opening from COVID-19 our previous massage therapist was averaging between 12 to 16 hours of massage every week. The clients the owner typically massages are not included in that count. This is a growing business with great clients. Yearly sales have increased over by $5,000 every year since opening.
- You receive a great pay rate of $24 per massage hour for table massages. We share 50% of the payment (typically $70) for chair massages. You get 100% of your tips. You are making money as soon as you do your first massage. You can make full-time money with this part-time job.
- You don’t have to cover any business expenses (rent, utilities, sheets, lotions, water, and other costs you would otherwise incur if you run your own business). We reimburse you for laundry expenses for washing client’s sheets. Your mileage for offsite massage is also reimbursed.
- You automatically get to use the marketing we have developed and we cover all costs. We have a great fully optimized and mobile-friendly website. It easy to find for clients and we also use Google Ads to bring in new clients. We have a strong social media presence, especially on Facebook and post hours there. We have developed all of the needed marketing materials (brochures, business cards, and print ads). We are on all important review and mapping websites like Google, Yelp, and more. We also have a clean space and branded items like signage, T-shirts, polo shirts, and more.
- You get access to our great client management software. It allows clients to schedule online, buy and redeem gift certificates, take payment, send appointment reminders, group email clients, and more. You can use promotion emails via this platform that have a link to book existing clients.
- You get flexibility with your schedule. We have a family ourselves, so we work with you to cover emergencies, illnesses, and other items.
- Your health is a key business concern. We have a Safe Massage Process and Cleaning Procedures which help to protect clients and you as the massage therapist. We encourage our massage therapists to invest in body maintenance and Becky can trade massages with employees.
- You will work for Iowa’s only Precision Neuromuscular Therapy (PNMT) certified Becky is the owner of two successful massage therapy businesses and has been massaging for over 7 years.
Our Licensed Massage Therapist will listen to clients and design a customized treatment plan to fit their needs. We do not have standard massages that we use for every client. Instead, we make sure that client needs are our highest priority. Listening is a key attribute for any successful candidate. Additionally, you must:
- Attend all scheduled shifts
- Arrive to work at least 25 minutes before the appointment time
- Ability to work flexible days and hours, including nights and weekends
- Ability to perform 4+ hours of massage per day (30-minute breaks between clients)
- Prepare thorough and well-written SOAP notes
- All typed into our online booking and reminder software
- Be stringent about safeguarding client information and confidentiality
- Have strong customer service and a positive attitude
- Safety minded with strong moral values and honesty
- Greet and interact with clients in a professional and friendly style
- Follow-up with clients post-massage as needed
- Demonstrate client need focus
- Possess strong communication ability, especially listening skills
- Obtain the client’s informed consent for the therapy plan before starting the session
- Make the client feel at ease and be comfortable to tell you as you find painful areas
- Communicate effectively when asked questions about massage
- Efficient and effective communication with the business owner
- Maintain a professional appearance and approach, and understand proper boundaries
- Employ proper draping techniques at all times
- Maintain clean equipment, sheets, and yourself as required
- Wear protective equipment as required
- Possess the desire to work at helping to build the business
- Encourage clients to reschedule at the end of each appointment and refer friends
- Hand out business cards and brochures as appropriate
- Attend events and network in the community
- Desire to learn new skills as needed to help build business
- Have computer knowledge or be willing to learn
- Microsoft Excel and Facebook
- Our massage booking software
- A current and valid Iowa Massage Therapy License
- Renew as needed; adhere to local, state, and national licensing laws and regulations
- Take proper continuing education, discuss with management before deciding classes
- Personal Liability Insurance
How to Apply:
To apply to this exciting and rewarding opportunity submit the following by email to Becky Waterman (email@example.com):
- A cover letter expressing why you would be a good employee tailored to our position description
- A resume that details your past experience, education, and massage certification/license status